The Algur H. Meadows Legacy: 1978-2005
In 1948 Algur H. Meadows established The Meadows Foundation to serve as the institutional vehicle for his philanthropic contributions. Following Mr. Meadows’ death in 1978, the Foundation continued in its support of the Meadows Museum – by funding the construction of a new building to house the collection and by contributing to the Museum’s efforts to expand its holdings with new acquisitions. Equally important to the efforts of Meadows and his Foundation is the patronage of those who, inspired by Meadows’ vision, have generously nourished the Meadows Collection with other significant pieces. This exhibition will feature a selection of works acquired by and donated to the Museum since 1978.